2014 marks the 150th year that St Peter Catholic Church has served the people of St John the Baptist Parish, Louisiana. Established by the Archdiocese of New Orleans in 1864 in the newly established town of Reserve, Louisiana on the east bank of the Mississippi River. Archbishop Odin sent Rev. Pierre Marie Lacour, assistant to Rev. Vito Mina, of St. Jean Baptiste des Allemands (currently Edgard), to establish the new parish on the east bank of the Mississippi River. The new parish was named St. Pierre de Bonnet Carre' (now St Peter). For the past 150 years St Peter has been an integral part of the community and people of St. John the Baptist Parish.
Our committee members have been working to ensure this year is a year filled with celebration. We have invited our parish partners to keep this important milepost in mind when planning their events as well.
We hope you will join us as we celebrate!
|April 4, 2014||Opening Mass &|
|July 3, 2014||St. John Parish Independence|
Day Fireworks Display.
in church parking lot.
|Sept. 28, 2014||Family Day Picnic|
|Oct. 10-12, 2014||St Peter School Fisherman's |
|Nov. 1, 2014|
All Saints Day Mass
|Dec. 24, 2014||Midnight Mass|
|Feb 1, 2014|
Alumni Reception &
May 16, 2015
150 Celebration Closing Mass
150th Anniversary Commemorative Book
Feb 24 Thur 28